Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Apple Pie Cream Cheese Delight


I made this quickly this morning, and it was so amazing I had to share. Although I knew this would taste good, I didn't realize it would taste this good. It was incredible. I felt as though I was eating Cream Cheese frosting with some decadent Apple Pie/Apple Cake.

 As you can tell, I snapped these pictures with my cell phone camera, because I knew I would NOT wait to get my camera. I wanted to eat it immediately. The ingredients are ridiculously simply and easy to obtain! I cannot remember what it reminds me of EXACTLY, or what the name of the dessert it, but for now the best way I can describe it is eating Cinnabon Cream Cheese Icing mixed with the innards of an apple pie; but better. The only way this could be better is if I had some Graham cracker crumbles or cookie crumbles (or Cinnamon Toast Crunch , Low Carb Cereal/Kay's Cereals, High Lo, low sugar Granola) or if I had a Bathtub sized bowl of this!



Ingredients

Walden Farms Apple Butter (heating grated apple with cinnamon and sweetener until caramelized would be nice too)

Directions
Add Greek Yogurt to a bowl ( or just leave it in the container if lazy).
Sprinkle with cinnamon and add a few packets of Sweet and Low (or other sweetener) and stir thoroughly.
In a separate microwave safe glass dish, add 4TB of Walden Farm's Apple Butter (or more depending on how much Yogurt you are using- for 500g of Yogurt, use about 8tb). Feel free to add some grated/diced apples and cinnamon.
Microwave for about 30sec, or until melted.
With a spoon, pour contents onto yogurt and stir.
Add more cinnamon on top, and more melted apple butter if desired.

-If you have left over apple cake, protein cakes, cereal, cookies, pie crust, sugar free cookies etc, feel free to incorporate.
* This would be incredible with protein powder stirred in (vanilla, cake batter  or graham cracker flavors). Also adding somecheese cake flavor drops or other flavor drops would be amazing (such as cinnamon danish swirl, french toast, caramel,graham cracker or apple pie etc). Adding a sugar free syrup, or LorAnn flavoring drops work wonders ! I would also recommend mixing in some Sugar Free Pudding (love refrigerated Jello sugar free Vanilla, or Dulce de Leche cups) or mix, rice pudding with cinnamon, tapioca or for pure heaven, some yellow/spice/or white cake mix. Trust me on this. (you can use sugar free cake mixes, cup cake, angel food etc)! Personally, I love Dixie Diners mixes for EVERYTHING. Bob's Red Mill White Cake mix or a standard cake mix (like Betty Crocker/Hines) will suffice.

3 comments:

  1. Mmm this looks yummy! I bet it would be good with their jam too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet indeed and good thing you list almost every alternative ingredient for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete