Friday, September 10, 2010

Sugar By Any Other Name.......

I am going to be giving a "Healthy Eating/ Healthy Living" Seminar at a prestigious high-end gym to some of the members. As such, I am keeping it pretty basic. Anyone who reads my blog knows that I am seriously opposed to added sugars; from cancer, impaired immune health, degenerative diseases, inflammation, diabetes, obesity, poor brain function, accelerated aging, wrinkles (Glycation) to lung, joint and more serious mental disorders (schizophrenia, depression etc), refined, added sugar is a detriment to every facet of our health.
I will be doing a series specifically on the Dangers Of Sugar. For today, I thought I would leave some food for thought, by way of the MANY different hidden names of sugar. The agricultural industry is constantly coming up with new names to disguise sugar.

Amasake


Apple sugar

Barbados sugar

Bark sugar

Barley malt

Barley malt syrup

Beet sugar

Brown rice syrup

Brown sugar

Cane juice

Cane sugar

Caramelized foods

Carbitol

Carmel coloring

Carmel sugars

Concentrated fruit juice

Corn sweetener

Corn syrup or evaporated solids

Date sugar

Dextrin

Dextrose

Diglycerides

Disaccharides

D-tagalose

Evaporated cane juice

Evaporated cane juice solids

Florida crystals

Fructooligosaccharides (FOS)

Fructose

Fruit juice concentrate

Galactose Glucitol

Glucoamine

Gluconolactone

Glucose

Glucose polymers

Glucose syrup

Glycerides

Glycerine

Glycerol

Glycol

Hexitol

High-fructose corn syrup

Honey

Inversol

Invert sugar

Isomalt

Karo syrups

Lactose

Levulose

"Light" sugar

"Lite" sugar

Malitol

Malt dextrin

Malted barley

Maltodextrins

Maltodextrose

Maltose

Malts

Mannitol

Mannose

Maple syrup Microcrystalline cellulose

Molasses

Monoglycerides

Monosaccarides

Nectars

Neotame

Pentose

Polydextrose

Polyglycerides

Powdered sugar

Raisin juice

Raisin syrup

Raw sugar

Ribose rice syrup

Rice malt

Rice sugar

Rice sweeteners

Rice syrup solids

Saccharides

Sorbitol

Sorghum

Sucanat

Sucanet

Sucrose

Sugar cane

Trisaccharides

Turbinado sugar

Unrefined sugar

White sugar

Xylitol

Zylose

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's A LOT! And: great job!! I've also thought about making a post on the various faces of sugar (I have so many ideas for posts in my mind I just don't have the time for making them all, and especially the ones I REALLY want to make afford some research and elaboration, so more time, and gah), because it seems to lurk everywhere, and I am VERY doubtful about sugar as well, but I'd never have thought there were SO MANY kinds of added sugars! Thank you for providing this! I will make a link to your post in my next rant about sugar!

    ReplyDelete