Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Protein Parfait Crunch!

Nothing is better than the contrast between soft/smooth and crunchy! It's why we love the pie crust, the burnt hash browns, cereal, cookies,chips, pitas, the crumble on top of apple/berry crisps, or crispy cheese that's been burnt just right! It's that audible crunch that adds substance! I remember adding cereal and cookies to my milkshakes/ice cream- and savouring it as it soaked up the flavor! Sometimes, a girl just NEEDS a little crispy crunch in her life- along with all the other things that make it sweet!

PROTEIN SUNDAE PARFAIT CRUNCH!


Ingredients:

1.Add ice, sugar free syrups, sweetener, cinnamon and protein into container. Add scoop of PGX or gums.
2.Blend. Add more ice/syrup/PGXGranules etc and blend to reach creamy thick consistency!
3.Pour a bit into your glass bowl.
4. Add the GG Sprinkles or Crumbled GG Bran Crispbread.
5.Add more of the 'ice cream' and GG Sprinkles/GG Bran Crispbread and keep layering.
6. STIR AND ENJOY

This honestly tastes like a Wendy's Frosty with Graham Crackers crushed in! Or like the amazing oatmeal granola crumble sundaes I used to eat!

Optional:
-Squirt in Sugar Free Chocolate Sauce/Syrup (Walden Farms), caramel etc or drizzle on top!
-Add in more Cocoa for a chocolate-y antioxidant polyphenol boost!
-Add blueberries, banana's, nuts, nut butters or any stir/add ins (cookies included!)
- You can use ANY OTHER CEREAL instead of the GG Sprinkles/Crispbread. Anything with crunch!

3 comments:

  1. i think i am still the only one left in this blogging world who has not tasted anything with protein powder. maybe this really is a calling for me to try it ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love crunch! :) Looks so good. Thanks for the kind words about my blog. Appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love protein powder but unfortunately it doesn't like me. I shouldn't be surprised as this is the case with most everything, food, people, etc. But if I could I would LOVE to try this! It looks delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete