Friday, April 9, 2010

ReCleanse Apple Berry Fiber Review

Since I ran out of my beloved Fibersmart and 4Fiber today and didn't have enough $ to buy new ones, I decided to grab the last marked down tub of Prairie Natural's Recleanse Apple Berry Fiber powder. I have used their chews before- and they are EXCELLENT in terms of taste- but never the powder. I was looking for something that I could eat 'pudding style' like the 4Fiber/Fibersmart. I measured out 24g and mixed it with some Sugar Free Vanilla syrup. The texture is grainier- not flaxy/nutty/grainy/ground like the other ones. Kind of like baking soda. It tastes great, but didn't thicken as I had hoped. This would be BEYOND amazing in Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, smoothies, ice cream, cream cheese (as a dip). Seriously- it actually got a bit frothy and you could see the berry/banana in it. It didn't taste artificial AT ALL! It has NO sugar (Stevia and Xylitol) and is all natural with zero fillers and psyllium. The labels are extremely confusing and listed no nutritional information. 2 years ago I inquired about this and the company was kind enough to send me lab reports.

The stats are as follows:
Recleanse Apple Berry Powder 6 gram serving:
Calories: 20
Fat: 0.5g
Saturated Fat 0g
+ Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 5mg 0%
Potassium 25mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 4g 1%
Dietary Fibre 3.5g 14%
Sugars 0.25g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Protein 1g

The Chews:
1 Tablet              6 Tablets
Calories 3 (13kJ) 18 (75kJ)

Total Fat 0.0g   0.0g

Saturated Fat 0g 0g

+ Trans Fat 0g  0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0mg

Sodium 1mg  6mg
Potassium 0mg  0mg

Total Carbohydrate 1g  6g

Dietary Fibre 0.85g  5g

Sugars 0g 0g

Sugar Alcohols 0g 3g

Protein 0g 0g

Note you need to chew 6 mini tablets in order to get the fiber. They taste so good and I have eaten the whole bottle in one sitting before (my stomach DID NOT thank me for that later!)
I highly recommend this- tastes GREAT

No comments:

Post a Comment