Thursday, March 4, 2010

FALAFEL CHIPS



GOOD MORNING!


Seeing as though I have been struggling with a 'health' related issue, I thought I would post another 'FOOD FIND' instead.






I shared this with a few bloggers that I thought would appreciate this a couple of weeks ago. That sentence doesn't sound right... but my head hurts to much to think.



They are FALAFEL CHIPS! I cannot say enough about them. I never eat chips, but I took my junk food loving, chip eating SAD diet friend to Planet Organic with me, and they had samples... Needless to say, we both came for seconds, thirds etc. He has been going every week and buying them! They are THAT good. They are made with Fava bean and Chickpea/Black bean flour- All certified organic, and a ton- and I mean TON, of organic veggies, spices etc.



This is what they say:


"We are proud to introduce the world’s first and only Falafel Chip™ -a healthy and tasty chip
with gourmet taste and unmatched flavor. Available in Organic and All-Natural varieties,
we strive to produce products that are not only delightful to the palate, but good for you too! "





Thus far, they only have Original, and Spicy. I can tell you I have never tasted something like this before. Fantastic.










This is what their 'About Us' section has:




About Us
A successful chef, an expert nutritionist, and a master CEO; are the three best friends and partners behind this first of a kind Falafel Chips™: Healthy Tasty Snack… Anytime™

Our Chef:
It all started when our chef drew attention to his delicious chips and dips, which he was making at his Pasadena, California family restaurant, which became the subject of many acclaimed reviews.

Our Nutritionist:
Using his expertise in the formulation and manufacture of nutritional products, our MD/clinical nutritionist led the R&D efforts to optimize the production of the acclaimed chips and dips.



They are certified ORGANIC, GLUTEN FREE, TRANSFAT FREE, KOSHER, VEGETARIAN ETC (blogger won't let me upload any more pictures, otherwise I would include all their certifications- you can find them on the bottom of their web page)

The ingredient list is hard to read on the picture I posted, but it's all certified organic. It has organic cumin, cayenne, spinach, carrots, bell peppers, corn,fava, chickpea and black bean flour, coriander, tumeric, ginger, celery etc. TO DIE FOR!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for the comment!

    Actually that was not the first time I had come home, more like the fourth. The first time, my parents were very happy to have me back, mainly because they figured I'd be so much better. And at first, I was pretty good. When things started to slip, obviously their patience with me did as well. The last time, in 2008, when I came home from treatment, my parents were happy to see me alive again. But they were very strict with me. To be honest, I have no idea how I lost so much so quickly as my mom was very rigid with me and very strict. I guess since she always has been, it made my ED extremely smart and crafty. haha. But yeah. Things always get better when you're healthier, as opposed to when you aren't doing so well.

    ReplyDelete